I am an investor, entrepreneur, consultant and educator. My passion is utilizing my accumulated knowledge, experience and skills to help others succeed. That is the sole purpose of this site. I don’t have a product or service to sell. At this point in my life, I have found it’s rewarding and enjoyable to give back.
Simply put, I write and speak about investing and wealth management because I enjoy it and because the world needs it. The United States has a 57% financial literacy rate, ranked 15th in the world, behind Botswana. Only one third of Americans can pass a basic financial literacy test. We don’t teach it in most of our schools.
I believe investing and money management are life essentials that everyone should know, just like reading, writing and basic math. My mission is to help people to become more knowledgeable about building wealth and managing their money, in turn improving their overall wellbeing.
This site also has a lot of information for advanced investors and you can read more of my advanced investing content at SeekingAlpha.
Consultant & Entrepreneur
- President and co-founder of C-Suite Resources, a healthcare market intelligence, education and executive advisory firm.
- Contact RalphNationally recognized consultant with expertise in healthcare, business strategy, new business start-ups, marketing, and information management.
- Founder of Wakerly Partners, Inc., an independent consulting firm.
- Former VP Marketing for a $275M healthcare information technology consulting firm.
Educator & Career Consultant
- Adjunct Faculty member at the Elmhurst College School for Professional Studies; taught Management, Marketing and Leadership.
- Teaches professionals from healthcare supplier companies about selling and marketing to the C-suite.
- Served as Adjunct Consultant for Right Management, a leading career consulting firm. Delivered more than 30 workshops to over 1000 people; advised hundreds on career planning and transition.
- Career Consultant and Advisor for select executives.
- Manages or advises on family investment portfolios.
- Over 11,000 hours and 30 years of investment research and experience.
- Treasurer/Investment Advisor for the Wakerly Family Foundation, a private charitable foundation.
- MBA in Investments, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Legacy board member and former chairman of the Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
- B.S. in General Engineering and MBA from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Avid golfer, sports nut and chess player.
- Married to my wonderful wife Betty, with two fantastic children, Marie and Robert.